A “chahtapreneur” is a member of the Choctaw Nation Small Business Development. These members are also known as “Choctaw tribal entrepreneurs”. They are members of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma who have started their own businesses and opted to join the Choctaw Nation Small Business Development. The Small Business Development is an assistance program that offers training, business loans, and mentoring for its members.
What is a Chahtapreneur?
The word “Chahtapreneur” is a portmanteau from the words “chahta” and “entrepreneur”. The word “chahta” (pronounced: CHA-tah) is the traditional pronunciation of Choctaw.
Choctaw Nation Small Business Development (CNSBD) is funded through the Choctaw Development Fund, which allocates tribal money towards business development, community development, and economic development. Chahtapreneurs can gain access to these funds in the form of “forgivable loans”, business training, business counseling, listing in the official Choctaw Small Business Directory, and office space leasing.
As of this writing, there are 307 small businesses registered as Chahtapreneurs.
What Makes a Chahtapreneur So Special?
Chahtapreneurs have a keen interest in helping other business owners. Just the fact they take the time to get involved with Choctaw Nation Small Business Development reflects their passion to be successful and help other business owners succeed.
Choctaw tribal entrepreneurs are committed to all business owners, but do indeed have a special place in their hearts for fellow tribal members. They are also Oklahomans and have a vested interest in helping all residents and business owners throughout the State.
Who is Eligible to Become a Chahtapreneur?
- You must own a small business.
- The business must be located within the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma.
- One or more business owners must be a member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma.
Note: the term “small business” follows the legal definition established by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
How to Apply for Chahtapreneur Membership
- Visit the Choctaw Nation Small Business Development website, and click on “Register”.
- Alternatively, you can also click on “Contact” and find your regional business advisor.
Yes, We Are Chahtapreneurs!
Choctaw Websites is a chahtapreneur!
- We are the only website design company participating in Choctaw Nation Small Business Development.
- Joining the Choctaw Nation Small Business Development is our commitment to honoring fellow business owners within the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma.
- Ask about our “Choctaw Discount”! This is our own business’ unique benefit to other Chahtapreneurs.